Event Dates: July 14-15, 2018
Entry Fee: $150 per team
Sport Commissioner: Ron Van Haaren; firstname.lastname@example.org
|Code||Division||Event Dates||Entry Fee|
|00039||8U Coach Pitch||July 14-15||$150/team|
RULES & GUIDELINES:
- Double-elimination format. A coin flip before each game will determine home team.
- Age determination date April 30, 2017. Each team must have copies of all players’ birth certificates at every game. Failure to do so may result in a forfeit.
- A maximum of 15 players and a minimum of 11 players allowed on the roster.
- All players listed on the roster, and present, must bat and play at least 2 innings in the field. Each team must have at least 11 players present to start a game.
- Lineup must be turned in to the scorekeeper 15 minutes prior to each game.
- A maximum of 10 players allowed on defense (6) infield (4) outfield. Outfielders must play inside of grassed area.
- Defensive player in the pitcher position must have at least one foot inside of the designated circle until the ball is put in play.
- The coach pitching to the batter must have at least one foot inside the designated circle.
- Games will consist of 5 innings or a maximum of 1 hr and 15 minutes. No new inning may begin after time limit has expired.
- No big barrel bats and no bats over 29″.
- A limit of 6 total runs per inning.
- A 10 run mercy rule will be in effect after 4 innings.
- A batter will receive 5 pitches and may continue to bat after a fouled ball.
- No bunting or easy swings allowed.
- A batted ball is in play until the lead runner is stopped. Runners may advance on an overthrow until lead runner is stopped.
- Runners may not lead off or steal and may not leave the base until the ball is put in play. Runners leaving early may be called out.
- A maximum of 1 manager and 2 coaches are allowed on field. A team on defense may have 1 coach on the outside of each foul line.
- A maximum of one timeout per inning and three timeouts per game will be allowed.
- Protest will not be allowed. Any rule infractions will be settled by the sport commissioners. Head coaches can address umpires between innings only.
- All players, coaches and parents must conduct themselves in a sportsman like manner at all times. Failure to do so will result in suspension from the remainder of the tournament.
- The sport commissioner reserves the right to reschedule games during the weekend due to inclement weather or forfeits. All coaches are asked to please help with any field preparations to keep your games on schedule during inclement weather.
650 Southpoint Drive
Postmark Deadline: July 6, 2018
Online Deadline: July 11, 2018 @ 12 PM
Registration Fee: $150 per team
NO LATE REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED
Send entry forms by email:
Bluegrass State Games
162 E. Main, Suite 210
Lexington, KY 40507
Postmark Deadline: 7/6/18
Online Deadline: 7/11/18 @ 12 PM