Event Dates: July 21, 2018
Entry Fee: $25 per boat
On-Site Fee: $30 per boat
Sport Commissioner/Contact: Cliff Vatter; firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration: 9-11 am
Skippers Meeting: 11 am
Race #1: Warning signal at 12 pm
Race #2: Immediately following Race #1
Race #3: Immediately following Race #2
RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- All skippers must check-in between 9 am and 11 am on Saturday.
- Only boats registered prior to 11 am on Saturday will be eligible for participation.
- Regatta will be governed by the 2005-2011 Racing Rules of Sailing, the Prescriptions of U.S. Sailing, by These Sailing Instructions, and any duly posted amendments thereto. In the event of conflict, These Sailing Instructions shall govern. This regatta is designated Category A.
- Racing and scoring shall be within the designated fleets listed above. The race committee may designate multiple handicap fleets as necessary.
- Notices will be posted at the registration area. It shall be the responsibility of each participant to check for posted changes. Any changes in the sailing instructions will be posted prior to 11 am on Saturday.
- The courses shall be a Modified Olympic Course or Windward/Leeward.
- The Low-Point Scoring System (RRS, rule A2) will be used. Each fleet will be scored separately even though two or more fleets may be included in one start. The handicap fleet(s) will be scored under the Portsmouth system. A minimum of one race constitutes the regatta and all races will be scored.
- Medals will be awarded to the top three yachts in each fleet.
- All yachts shall have all legally required safety equipment on board.
- It is the responsibility of each participant to decide whether to continue racing, to wear a life jacket, and to otherwise provide for their own personal safety.
- The race committee may postpone or cancel a race in progress if weather conditions are unsatisfactory.
- Camping is available at the club, but call or email Sport Chair in advance.
LOUISVILLE SAILING CLUB
7300 Beechland Beach Road
Louisville, KY 40059
Postmark Deadline: 7/16/18
Online Deadline: 7/20/18